NimbleSchedule allows an easy import of employees by using CSV or Excel file into the system. Importing employees into NimbleSchedule is the easiest and fastest way to bring in employees personal data all at once.
1. Import Employees from CSV or Excel file
1.1. To import already prepared CSV or Excel file with Employee’s data, go to Employees – Import Employees
1.2. When you click on Import Employees button, browse the CSV (or Excel) file and then the following window will open:
1.3. For each column in your file, select the field it corresponds to in 'Assign to' and press Save.
1.4. If your file is formatted correctly, data from file should be imported successfully.
2. CSV / Excel File Requirements:
2.1. The CSV/Excel file should contain following data:
- First Name (Required Field)
- Last Name (Required Field)
- Employee Id
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
N.B. You may skip some of the columns if you don’t need this data to be imported with the file.
N.B. If the positions or departments don’t exist, they will be created automatically.
2.2. CSV/Excel File Example:
- For Column A (Position) - Assign to First Name
- For Column B (Department) - Assign to Last Name
- For Column C (First Name) - Assign to Email
- For Column D (Last Name) - Assign to Employee Id
- For Column E (Date) - Assign to City
- For Column F (Start Time) - Assign to Position
N.B. Please ensure that in the CSV/Excel file, which you’re using for Employees import, has the correct Phone format.